ASSIST Is a Team of Highly Trained Advocates
We work with the disabled who are often homeless and/or living in poverty, assisting them in getting their Social Security benefits. Our individual claims representation is different than most others as we are extremely proactive. Early claim intervention is the key to developing a thoroughly documented application that will dramatically increase the chances of a favorable decision at the earliest stage of the process.
At ASSIST we strive to get it right the first time!
How and Why We're Different:
- We learn as much as we can about you and your conditions before filing an application.
- We assist in gathering medical and other pertinent documentation.
- We help claimants with their application(s) from the very beginning.
- We file all applications and appeals on-line for better tracking.
- We correspond with your doctors.
- We take our clients to disability related appointments.
- We try to help the Social Security Administration locate missing evidence.
Mellani Calvin — Executive Director
4412 SW Barbur Blvd., Suite 200
Portland, OR 97239
Email: staff at AssistDBTC.com
Video: ASSIST Helping the Disabled and the Homeless
Watch and listen as both clients and advocates of the disabled and homeless talk about ASSIST.
ASSIST from Christian Krantz on Vimeo.
"Homeless clients need help to get help from disability benefits" (October 30, 2017)
Do you know someone in need of Social Security benefits?
Download our referral form:
Please note: we are currently accepting new referrals for residents of Washington County only until further notice. Thanks for understanding